Colman's Double Superfine Mustard Powder Review

Monday, January 23, 2012

Colman's Mustard gave me the opportunity to try two of their famous mustard products. The first one I tried out was the Double Superfine Mustard Powder. Let me be the first to tell you, the cute little tin the mustard power is in, is packed super tight. So be careful when you use it for the first time. My recipe called for 1 tsp., but I used whatever came out. You could tell that the mustard was in the meatloaf, but it didn't overpower it. I liked the little "kick" it gave to it. This is defiantly a good quality mustard and a difference is noticeable from other dry mustard's you may buy and use.

Here is the recipe for the meatloaf we made. This is one of the comfort foods that we like to make in the winter. Just something about having a meal of meat and potatoes keeps you warm in more ways then one. First from the oven being on for an hour and a half and just by the warm food feeding your tummy. LOL

This picture sure didn't turn out well. Trust me it tastes much better then it looks!
Next time I am going to take a picture of my food all plated up. Lesson learned here for sure!

Meat Loaf
2 lbs. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
¾ cup bread crumbs
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 - 8oz. can tomato sauce
1 tsp. dry mustard
3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
½ cup water
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. vinegar

Combine meat, onion, bread crumbs, egg, ½ the tomato sauce, salt, pepper, 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce. Place in a greased loaf pan. Combine remaining tomato sauce, water, brown sugar, vinegar, 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard. Pour over meat.

Bake at 350°, 1 ½ hours.

 Now doesn't that sound good on a cold winter day?

I was fascinated by the history of mustard that was posted on the Colman’s website. I found it interesting that mustard is the #1 condiment in the U.S.. I always thought it was ketchup! You can also find recipes and holiday ideas on their website. Be sure to follow them on Twitter and/or Facebook.

Feel free to post your favorite recipe below that contains dry mustard. I would love to try some more out!

 *Please note that I received a full-size product of Colman's Mustard Powder so I could give my fair and honest opinion. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way.*

2 comments:

frugalmommieof2 January 24, 2012 at 7:25 PM  

I love this mustard powder. Thanks for the great post. I love your blog.

I've given you the Versatile Blogger award!

Lisa @ Frugal Mommie of 2

http://frugalmommieof2.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

Robin O May 7, 2013 at 4:10 PM  

Fascinating. I have never used dry mustard, but I think I would use it for making baked beans. I'll check out Colman's Mustard!

Post a Comment