Dear Taco Bell, Where did the Cinnamon Twists Go?

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Yes I go to Taco Bell. Yup until recently I thought they had good tasting food for the price. However I think they are becoming just like everyone else. Which does make me sad, but I guess its reality in this economy. Which brings me to the point of this blog entry.

I love getting the Taco Bell box. It gives me the opportunity to save a little, get a nice variety, and try one or two new things. My favorite item in the box has always been the Cinnamon Twists. I was really disappoint when I got my box on Friday that they were not in there. So when I was finished eating I logged on to the Taco Bell website to look at the box picture. There were MIA. So that means, they are no longer part of the box!!! When did this happen? I was crushed that I was no longer getting my dessert.

I waited all summer to get my Taco Bell fix, because ours was being totally remodeled. So this was quite a disappointing development. Along with most of the prices had gone up. Some went up as much as 50 cents! The $5 box isn't even $5 at my Taco Bell anymore. Mind you I don't live in a "special" area where things are higher priced then normal advertised prices.

I'm honestly considering not going back. I'm sure my waistline will thank me, but my heart will be broken. LOL I think they broke the camels back with this recent change. The value is just not there anymore, especially with the boxes. Might as buy what you really want, because your not saving anything, well maybe a few cents.

The box was the BEST value. But now with the Medium soda (instead of..Large) and missing Cinnamon Twist, its just not worth it. Plus the featured items are not as special as they once were either. Especially with the Flatbread box. If you get a Value meal with the XXL Burrito, you can get a nice meal at Buffalo Wild Wings! Yikes!!!

3 comments:

Nancy September 17, 2011 at 10:29 PM  

My husband loves Taco Bell. I sadly do not like them at all. Most of their food I have to make special order. The only thing I really like were their cinnamon twists too. That's too bad they don't have them in the boxes any more.

Anyway, I found you from the Hoppin' Weekend Blog Hop. If you have a fan page on Facebook I can also "like" you there too. Come follow me at http://nancysfreeselections.blogspot.com/
or http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nancys-Free-Selections/181124145237530
if you like. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Mrs. No-No September 18, 2011 at 7:49 PM  

I used to love TB this much, too. I don't remember what made me change my mind after soooo many years of making TB runs!!!
But, I know what you are saying - the disappointment and the false advertising would make me think twice about giving them my business, too.
visiting you from vb
carla :)
Mrs. NoNo Knows

Life by Cynthia September 19, 2011 at 12:32 AM  

After reading your post, I'm having a TB craving! I admit that I loved it more years ago when a burrito supreme seemed more substantial. I haven't had Taco Bell in ages, but just might give it another chance! :) Visiting from Members to Remember vB Married Life by Cynthia

Post a Comment